RE: GNOME 1.4.1 "Phoenix rising"?

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while.  What do we do with the
parts of the GNOME release that don't live at gnome.org?  There are a number
of fifth-toe applications which fit this bill, but I think xalf is the only
one that was part of the main release.  I'm concerned that people will look
at the ftp site, or download.gnome.org, see what's there, and assume that
they've got the latest version, when there are newer versions available.
What can we do about this potential problem?
	Greg