Re: GConf - defaults.

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Dietmar Maurer wrote:

> I do not suggest to remove the ability to get default values from the
> configuration engine. But what do you do when:
>
> gconf_client_get_int (c, "user_level", ...)
>
> fails? Do you exit the program? I suggested to do something useful instead.

Perhaps it would be useful to look at other examples of the handling of
missing data files...? Have missing .glade/.oaf/pixmap files historically
been compensated for by source code?

-- Elliot
"It's a well-kept secret that KDE games are no longer toys but maturing
entertainment applications." - dot.kde.org