Re: GtkEntry behaviour on focus-in

begin  Miguel de Icaza quotation:

> > Somewhat unrelated to the current discussion, but if we can do better, we
> > shouldn't restrain ourselves from doing so just because one particular
> > desktop has it otherwise.
>
> `Better' here is fully subjective.  If I think the Windows way is
> better, then who is right?  We can go on for days debating how many
> angels we fit into your pocket.

You can be more objective by doing user testing. Code up both
approaches and give users some tasks to do - both tasks that would
involve replacing the full contents of a text field, and ones that
would require inserting or doing other editing in the middle.

User testing is much more effective for resolving these kinds of
questions than debating on mailing lists.

Regards,

Maciej