gnome-applets release and patch

Hi all.

I've spent some time cleaning up bugzilla for gnome-applets, including
adding patches from bugreports and some minor hacking of my own. This
has resulted in a fairly big patch that I'd like someone to look over
before I commit it. Patch attached.

Next question. Is it worth releasing a test tarball to the world? If
not, can I get someone to do a release? Can I do it myself? The problem
is that people are reporting tons of bugs in bugzilla that may very well
be fixed already and it would be great to get this out to the masses.

Cheers
Kjartan