Re: Release guidelines wrt. translations

+++ Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 08:42:01PM +0100 +++
Kjartan Maraas e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> >From time to time this request has to be put to peoples attention so
> here we go again. (For all the Whitesnake fans out there)
> The translation teams hereby request a pre-warning at least two -2- full
> days in advance of a release of ANY GNOME app or library that is to be
> part of the 1.4 release.

To avoid any unpleasant bugs due to timezone skews, it would be nice
to have *all* release dates and times specified in Greenwich Mean Time
instead of giving obscure US timezone references. A date without a
time should mean something like 16:00 GMT that day (I think that is
much more reasonable than midnight or noon, especially for people who
translate in their spare time, like me).

In the 1960's Soviet and American tanks faced each other there, gun
barrel to gun barrel at a range of several feet.  In the 1990's
Checkpoint Charlie had become a traffic hazard, and its new home is in
a museum.                                      -- General Colin Powell