Re: Release guidelines wrt. translations

+++ Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 08:42:01PM +0100 +++
Kjartan Maraas e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> >From time to time this request has to be put to peoples attention so
> here we go again. (For all the Whitesnake fans out there)
>
> The translation teams hereby request a pre-warning at least two -2- full
> days in advance of a release of ANY GNOME app or library that is to be
> part of the 1.4 release.

To avoid any unpleasant bugs due to timezone skews, it would be nice
to have *all* release dates and times specified in Greenwich Mean Time
instead of giving obscure US timezone references. A date without a
time should mean something like 16:00 GMT that day (I think that is
much more reasonable than midnight or noon, especially for people who
translate in their spare time, like me).

mawa
--
In the 1960's Soviet and American tanks faced each other there, gun
barrel to gun barrel at a range of several feet.  In the 1990's