Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour

> was told that all
> modules should have a HACKING file with this in. But HACKING files
> are -not- universal, or weren't last time I looked. Of the 25
> complete modules I have checked out, two are docs-only, and two are
> info (gnome-foundation, gnome-status -- which reminds me, does
> anyone -use- gnome-status? Own up, did you even know it was
> there? :)), but:

The right file was called `README.CVS' or `README.cvs-commits' or
`README.cvs' depending on how the maintainer felt.

At some point, I added a file to Gnumeric called `HACKING' which had a
few bits on how you would hack gnumeric and *mail me* a patch that
would have a chance to be accepted.

If they caught up because of their name, it is a funny coincidence,
but the real file name with rules was a README*cvs file

(I can only see two gnome-libs and gtk+ with those files)

Miguel.