Re: security holes in gnome-vfs application list (was Call for file

on 2/26/01 9:25 AM, Alan Cox at alan redhat com wrote:

> I dont see what that changes. Does it matter if the user is given a cool
> picture clicks on it and gets cracked or whether it is automated ?
>
> A user assumes that the system is shipped in a secure manner, in the same
> way as your car comes with the break pedal connected, rather than coming
> with a break pedal and an optional break pedal enabled configuration feature

I'm not sure what you're proposing? If "insecure programs" are installed on
a particular system, you think that the Nautilus shell should prevent users
from starting them?

This is not something that exists on other platforms, but I'd be interested
in investigating this possible feature further, if you could explain what
you have in mind.

    -- Darin