Re: Translator CVS access (was Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour)

> Miguel, I'm not sure if you have had a wrong commit from a translator in
> the past (I hope that would explain your attitude towards translators),
> but I think you should get over it, and realize that translators need
> exactly the same things in cvs that code hackers do.

I have had a lot of problems with translators that try to do the
"right thing" and actually:

	* screw up makefiles.
	* screw up the code.
	* commit code without asking.
	* think they know better than the maintainer.
	* break i18n in subtle ways.

Time wasting is enormous (mail the guy, ask the guy why he commited to
the code, waste time redoing piles of make distchecks, find out
translator commited conflicts, wonder why something does not
translate, oh, the translator *thought* he knew, but did not
*actually* knew how to fix it, etc, etc).

Many translators are also good at fixing the code, but not every
translator is a good programmer.

Miguel.