Re: GNOME 2.0 planning: A longer range roadmap

> I think the Bonobo system still has major design flaws and many
> implementation problems. We are still finding serious bugs in it, and
> the lack of so much as a DTD for the UI XML format makes it a very
> error-prone API for developers.

Attached there is a DTD for .oaf files, it should be correct, but an
XML guru could double check it.
Interestingly it found a bug in a .oaf file I have installed:

$ xmllint --noout  --postvalid --dtdvalid oaf.dtd /usr/share/oaf/Nautilus_View_sidebar-loser.oaf
No declaration for attribute _value on element oaf_attribute
Document /usr/share/oaf/Nautilus_View_sidebar-loser.oaf does not validate against oaf.dtd

Hope this helps.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better
<!-- DTD for oafinfo files -->

<!-- root node -->
<!ELEMENT oaf_info      (oaf_server*)>
<!-- CORBA server description -->
<!ELEMENT oaf_server    (oaf_attribute*)>
<!-- Attribute specification of a server -->
<!ELEMENT oaf_attribute (item*)>
<!-- Values in stringv attributes -->
<!ELEMENT item          EMPTY>

<!ATTLIST oaf_server
	iid  CDATA #REQUIRED
	type (factory|exe|shlib) #REQUIRED
	location CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ATTLIST oaf_attribute
	name CDATA #REQUIRED
	type (string|stringv|boolean|number) #REQUIRED
	value CDATA #IMPLIED

<!ATTLIST item
	value CDATA #REQUIRED