Re: Menu names

Kenneth - I think you're quite right about tidying up some of our little
GNOMEisms.  :)

<quote who="George">

> Why not give the type of application in parenthesis as in:
>
> gedit (Text Editor)
> GIMP (Image Manipulation Program)
> gfrobate (Frobation Device Controller)

This is probably a little unclear.

Is there any possibility of using the comment field as a tooltip for these
menu items, or are we *way* too late? (I'd say yes, it's probably something
to consider for a future release.)

It would be great to mouse over "Text Editor" and see "gedit - A simple text
editor". Less clutter, very direct, using infrastructure that's already
there.

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------- http://lazarus.aphid.net/ --

       "Can we have a special TELSABUG category, and everything gets
                 dropped to fix them first?" - Telsa Gwynne