Re: Sorting out ftp.gnome.org mirroring.

> * ftp.gnome.org has anonymous ftp access, but only holds a MIRRORS file

You can optimise this one. Replace the anonymous ftpd with a short shell
script run from inetd that just cats the 5xx error and includes the mirror
list as a continuation 8)

> When we get another server set up with a fat pipe, we can make it a mirror
> and call it ftp.gnome.org. The old ftp.gnome.org becomes
> master.gnome.org.  And/or we can set up redirection to mirrors.
> Since this is slower and more work, I propose we get the basic setup above
> working first so that 1.4beta2 goes smoothly.  These improvements are
> incremental and build on the minimal solution.

You want 'ftp.gnome.org' to be the set of all good mirrors round robin,
because nobody uses any other site