Re: GNOME 2.0 planning: A longer range roadmap

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> One thing I want to add to what Havoc said here, is:
>
> The argument that some people seem to be making here is: "They got to
> work on GTK+-2.0 for 2 years. Why can't we work on gnome-libs for 2
> years? It's not fair!"

Egad, no one wants to work on gnome-libs for 2 years, I should
hope. Is there anyone here who does not like Havoc's proposed July
hard API freeze date for everything that wants to go into GNOME 2.0 as
part of the devel platform? I think Havoc's November thing is a straw
man that no one is really in favor of.

 - Maciej