Please test compile the staging area for the beta

We have what we believe can be the set of tarballs for GNOME 1.4 Beta
1 now at:

ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/stable/staging/gnome-1.4beta1-STAGING

We would like the first beta to at least compile, so please try
compiling the packages and post to <gnome-1 4-list gnome org> if there
are any problems. I believe the following order of building packages
will work (pleae correct it if it does not work for you):

Development Platform
-----------------
xml-i18n-tools
libxml
audiofile
esound
imlib
glib
gtk+
gdk-pixbuf
ORBit
oaf
GConf
control-center (*)
gnome-vfs
gnome-libs
gnome-print
bonobo
ammonite
medusa
libghttp
libglade
libgtop

Language Bindings
---------------
libsigc++
gtkmm
gnomemm
panelmm
rep-gtk
gnome-python
gnome-guile

Core desktop
---------------
bug-buddy
gdm
ggv
ghex
glade
gnome-core
gnome-applets
gnome-games
gnome-media
gnome-pim
gnome-utils
gtop
nautilus
xalf
sawfish
gtk-engines

Non-code
gnome-audio
gnome-user-docs

* Really part of the core desktop, but right now gnome-vfs depends on
it. This will be fixed for 1.0.