Re: time for a flamewar, or ... what about grdb

Alan,

> Really. Maybe for you personally, but if gnome cant do remote displays
> then to say the least its going to be an uninteresting footnote in the
> history of thinclient computing

Although I love you, you are missing the point.  Yes, I do still run
every day remote applications.  My desktop is just a terminal of my
desktop, but people with a single computer rarely do distributed
computing.

Regular people do not do distributed computing.  And those constitute
most of the users out there.  Not because they dont want to, but
because they dont care about it.

> Wrong. I do that all the time

So all your machines share the same file system?  I very much doubt
so.  Maybe your home directory.

> Unfortunately they assumptions some gnome people make (1280x1024 screen,
> 3 button mouse, user doesnt want keyboard shortcuts, 256Mb of ram, PII
> processor) are poor ones too.

Problems and bugs that must be fixed.

Miguel.