Re: Lack of underlined accelerators in stock buttons

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> When you create a message box or dialog box with stock
> yes/no/ok/cancel/whatever buttons, they do not have underlined
> accelerators.  So you cannot simply press "Y" to confirm a question
> dialog, for example.
>
> We need a way for gnome_dialog_append_button() and friends to ask the
> gnome-stock framework for which accelerator to use for a particular
> button name.  And then gnome-stock needs to create an underlined label
> and all that.
>
> Thoughts?

Do it!

I guess they should by default just install O as accel for OK etc. If
you don't want it, you should be able to turn it off, but you have to
make an effort.

This would break some programs. But those of us who care about
accelerators will fix ours, and the others will be (slightly)
improved.

Next on my wishlist: Gtk should make sure that unless the programmer
has assigned keyboard focus explicitly, it should be set to a sensible
widget.

Jon Kåre