Re: Gnome 1.4 / Linux 2.4.x

Alan Cox <alan redhat com> writes:

> How much of Gnome has been checked for cleanness of sizes with 2.4 kernels
> in paticular
>
> o	Are nautlius and gmc happy with 64bit off_t and built that way
> 	Do they correctly print the size of 8Gig files ?
>
> o	Does libgtop now handle >4Gig swap >4Gig memory
>
> Also what have folks tested with on the 2.4 front (in paticular 2.4 non -ac
> currently doesnt check all the required cases and error them if 64bit
> accesses were not requested).

Well, I haven't looked at libgtop for 2.4 yet, but maybe you can help me
with some problem with the 2.4.1 kernel.

Currently, I have

/dev/md0	raid0,4k,0	/dev/sda3 /dev/sdb2

in my /etc/mdtab which works perfectly fine with 2.2.18.

With this new 2.4.1 I get some

/dev/md0: No such device
/dev/sda3: No such device
/dev/sdb2: No such device

My other SCSI partitions, for instance /dev/sdb1 work just fine.

Btw. /dev/md0 is /gnome so I cannot test any GNOME stuff with 2.4.1 before
this is fixed ....

Any ideas ?

--
Martin Baulig