Re: 64-bit Libraries [Was Re: Gnome 1.4 / Linux 2.4.x]

on 2/1/01 9:40 AM, Elliot Lee at sopwith redhat com wrote:

> I think Gnome is pretty much all 64-bit clean as far as pointers and such
> go (as in, Gnome runs on the Alpha fine :), but is not set up to handle
> 64-bit file sizes.

This just made me feel like tooting my own horn. As Pavel Cisler said
earlier, gnome-vfs and nautilus are set up to handle 64-bit file sizes,
although this support has not undergone extensive testing; there may be some
corners of nautilus with non-gnome-vfs code that aren't up to snuff. Also,
the other packages I'm involved in maintaining (oaf, medusa, xml-i18n-tools)
shouldn't have any 64-bit file size issues.

    -- Darin