Re: the same page

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 10:50:06PM +0000, Dick Porter wrote:
> I think we've a fundamental disagreement over the word "better".  You equate
> it to "more features", I want "more efficient use of what we have first".

Having phisophical discussions on features vs time/space seems
like an inefficient use of precious time.  Let's make a release, and
get the next generation gnome platform libraries into circulation.
The tradeoffs will be decided the way they always have,  patches
will be submitted for things that irritate people.  If that makes
something smaller/faster great, if it adds a feature, also great.
With luck they will balance.

There was an optimistic adage (I don't recall who I am stealing from)
    'The project can be correct, it can be fast, or it can be on time,
     pick two'