Re: Namespacing desktop files

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I'm not sure of any shell that is that broken, and given the amount of
> > program names already containing dashes, so any such shell would not work
> > anyways, I'm afraid.
>
> There are shell metasyntactic elements that use "-", but any code that
> can be fooled by that isnt robust enough to ship so its a non issue

any code not manging it with things from the 'ascii range' in the middle
of strings definately isn't. If we we suggesting the use of things like []
in the names I might understand, nut not -,+ and similar 8-)

> > 	Sander
> >
> > 	I see a dark sail on the horizon
> > 	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
> > 	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding
>
> (RIAA will be round shortly ;))

Considering the amount of their lyrics on the web that would be one big
court suit and hopefully put a nice hole in their money-stash.