Re: network transparency (Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core mmclouglin)

Hi Havoc,

On 2 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> For many cases in GNOME so far, b) has turned out to be true. Networks
> crash. Networks have latency and function calls are no longer fast.
> Out-of-process components crash, get killed, etc. Asynchronicity
> achieved through re-entering the main loop results in fragile apps. It
> just don't work worth a damn.

        Yada yada :-) many of these issues are substantialy addressed in
libbonoboui for Gnome 2.0; at least far, far more effectively, both from
a re-enterancy and cleanup points of view.

        Currently the libbonoboui lifecycle re-write has been suspended
while I mightily strive to fix at-spi; but ... it'll get there.

        Regards,

                Michael