Re: Our (real) problems
- From: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Christian Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Our (real) problems
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:07:41 +0100 (BST)
On 31 Aug 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-08-31 at 13:35, Christian Schaller wrote:
> > A issue not mentioned, but which I also imagine belongs on the big issue
> > list is that ORBit2 is much slower than ORBit1 currently. Is this not
> > mentioned cause it is simply caused by Michael not having had time to
> > optimise anything yet and will be easily solved before GNOME2?
> also, now that you mention it, ORBit2 does not support case statements
> in unions on the IDL, although this is completely valid in CORBA.
And can easily have lots of other not so unsignificant bugs. There is also
only one way to get this fixed - lots of people doing testing, profiling
and patch submission.
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> - <rodrigo ximian com>
> http://www.gnome-db.org/ - http://www.ximian.com/
I haven't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed.
] [Thread Prev