Re: leaked processes (was assorted gnome patches)

On Thursday, August 30, 2001, at 12:05  PM, Alan Cox wrote:

Let me ask a dumb question - why is the problem hard, why cant oaf die 30
seconds after the last connect to it, or when something like
".gnome/active-sessions/[magicid]" vanishes and it notices ?

As I understand it, the issue is not just oaf itself, but the server processes that oaf manages. It's true that oaf can be improved so that it knows how to save its state and restart later on demand. But this would not solve the problem, just cut down the number of leaked processes by one.

    -- Darin