Importance of status reports

Hi hackers,
I thought it was a good opportunity now to remind you of the importance
of writing status reports and submiting them for me and Steve for
publication in the GNOME summaries. Unless we start communicating
earlier we will more and more often end up with people doing something
one way which isn't in concert with the rest of the system and when
people finally find out about it, it is painfull as hell to fix it.

Upto now I have gotten status reports from SashXB and Galeon, Abiword
(Dom) and XMLtools (Daniel) have promised such reports, but I have heard
little from anyone else. While status reports from applications are very
nice and important, they are not nearly as important as more reports
from the people working on the core libraries.

Don't see making these reports from time to time as extra work and a
hassle, but as an insurrance for having to do large rewrites at a later
stage.

Since you know have examples to look at in the Feature archive on
developer.gnome.org I think you have no good excuses to not write
a status report.

Please lets starts doing this so we catch problems while their still
small issues instead of waiting till they have reached the bypass
surgery stage.

Christian

P.S. Since this idea initially came from the Foundation board I think
the hackers on the board should go in front and be good examples by
making reports on their projects like Daniel is doing. Leading from the
front is always better than sending out decrees from the back row.