Re: gnome-libs patches

> the last time I tried to track down why the patch was there, nobody
> could explain what it was supposed to fix.
>    Zucchi does not like the patch (for some reason I forget right
> now).

I've demonstrated it to several people, I've explained it to you as well as
others before Miguel.

The SYS5 echo controls are

ECHO	-	echoed typed chars
ECHOE	-	echo deletion with ^H ^H
ECHOK	-	echo delete line with erasure of the characters.

Most Linux users don't see it because they use bash and generally don't even
know about delete line. SYS5 canonical settings (except in Gnome) are
ECHO|ECHOE|ECHOK

Alan