Re: URIs vs. half-baked URIs (was Filesel drag and drop)

How about a function that verified that a given string is a propely
encoded URI?

You can't really distinguish between a half-baked URI (or just really
goofy unix filename that might correspond to a literalily saved URI) in
the presence of filenames with % marks inside.