Re: gnome-1.4.1 beta1

Hi,

I'm not a maintainer, so I'm just guessing. I can think of 3 reasons
why the tarball contents may differ from the CVS tags:
  - the maintainer simply forgets to create the tag right after
    creating the tarball.
  - the maintainer creates the tarball and the tag, then finds that
    something's wrong, fixes the tarball but leaves the tag as it is
  - horribile dictum: the tarball is not created from a clean cvs checkout
    but a workspace with uncommitted changes.

Maintainers, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The question is: would you guys use a script like the one Colm proposed?

Laca