Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

On 14 Apr 2001 08:18:40 +0300, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> I know this is not a perfect solution. Bad Things happen if you rename
> the ~/evolution or ~/Nautilus or ~/nsmail dirs for example. But all
> these things could be solved somehow. A list of "common things to hide
> on the desktop" for example.

this is exactly what Mac OS X does.

they have a .hidden directory which the finder looks in for
folders/files not to show.  So when you open a hard drive, you see
Applications,  Documents, etc. and not usr, bin, man etc.

this seems like a good idea to me, but perhaps i am missing something.

anyway, i'm trying the ~ as desktop... so far i am deleting a lot of
useless files :)  (thankfully nautilus can delete files now too)

jacob
--
"...it shoulda been 'Glee Club'." -- David Fincher