Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

On 13 Apr 2001 10:26:11 -0700, Gene Ragan wrote:
> > Twenty opens/second is broken anyway. Every 5-10 seconds maybe reasonable
> >

> A five to ten second delay between mounting a volume and having an icon
> representing the mount appear on the desktop
> is simply unacceptable.

well, it depends on how one is mounting the partition.

if i mount it from a shell, i care very little probably when it shows up
on my desktop.  (in practice, i find it more annoying that it pops up a
dialog saying "searching for trash folders" every time i mount it, and
then doesn't let me unmount for 30s+ while it is doing this search).

if i right click on the desktop then mount from there, the fm knows
something should be mounted soon, so it can start checking for the newly
mounted partition.

notification from the kernel would still be much better, if you know
what i mean.

jacob
--
"...it shoulda been 'Glee Club'." -- David Fincher