Re: File Dialog

> I would think that a user simply wants to save to a specific folder most
> of the time, and that the folder is in general going to be in their Documents
> Anyway, just my thoughts.. in general, I think the file dialog should be more
> focused on "saving" instead of throwing the user into a mini file-manager.

Definitely. I think most people discussing this have been assuming that
Open and Save dialogues were parallel (probably a bad assumption). Open
dialogues need to have something of a small file-manager embedded in
them. Hopefully our file manager will be so EasyToUse(TM) that this will
be feasibly. *Save* dialogues on the other hand can spare users a view
of all their current files and merely provide convenient navigation w/in
their home directory by default (with the option to break out of it as
necessary). In some ways we have a leg up on other operating systems,
insomuch as the home directory already provides excellent segmentation
between applications and documents.

-Seth