Re: GNOME 2 Sound Architecture and APIs?

On 12 Apr 2001, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > This approach would be good for Solaris too. It has its own kernel
> > level mixer which allows multiple opens on /dev/audio. Currently,
> > we have esound mixing in userland at 44.1kHz followed by the
> > Solaris mixer mixing at 48kHz at kernel level. Quite a mess.
>
> Anyone from Sun interested into adding features to ESound to just be
> an arbitrator?   Please, please.

If GNOME is going switch to arts, there is no sense in fixing up esound.
The sound system needs to be decided on. Then you can work on addressing
the problems of that specific sound system.

-- Elliot
The truth knocks on my door, and I say
"Go away. I'm looking for the truth"
...and so it goes away.