Re: GNOME 2 Sound Architecture and APIs?

This approach would be good for Solaris too. It has its own kernel
level mixer which allows multiple opens on /dev/audio. Currently,
we have esound mixing in userland at 44.1kHz followed by the
Solaris mixer mixing at 48kHz at kernel level. Quite a mess.

Darragh.