Re: GNOME 2 Sound Architecture and APIs?

> esound risks to manage:

esound is junk. The only thing esd has is a good client API for going boing
at approximately the right time. Anything else is beyond it.

> aRts risks to manage:
> 	. That its requirements (resource-wise and dependancy-wise)
> 	  are excessive (even if the C API is used, the server is still
> 	  in C++, which so far has not been a requirement for GNOME).

How anyone can complain about resource issues in GNOME when Gnome 2.0 is using
Corba, oaf and all the other glue is beyond me. If you are worried about
resources then I'd start at that end of the problem. That'll save you ten times
the resources you need for a little bit of C++

Alan