Re: news.gnome.org again

> I was also thinking about some kind of moderation scheme a la
> Slashdot, just less complicated. Maybe grant moderator rights to all
> the GNOME developers, i.e. everyone listed in the voters' list for the
> GNOME foundation; those could then kill postings at will. Of course a
> switch to show moderated postings would be provided, just like on
> Slashdot. Replies to moderated postings would be hidden by default,
> too, so flamewars wouldn't display.

The problem with moderation is that it does not work for small sites.
It works great for Slashdot as they have so many readers, but sites
that are using Slashcode that have smaller memberships turn out to
have the same ammount of garbage that we have right now.

In principle, I agree, the Slashdot moderation system would be great,
but it might not be as effective as we hope.

Miguel.