gnome-hackers is now closed

Hi guys,

our good old gnome-hackers gnome org list is now finally
closed and we cannot approve any more posts which are
sent to the list from now on.

Please use gnome-private gnome org from now on.

I just had a look at the subscriber list of both list
and verified that they're really exactly the same.

The old list is now closed, moderated and sending an
auto-reply for each mail which is sent to it; I'm sorry,
but we can't approve any more mails which are sent to
gnome-hackers, so please repost them to gnome-private
if you get this auto-reply.

Tomorrow is the first day of a new month, and after
midnight has passed, I'll move the mailing list archives
from gnome-hackers to gnome-private (that's also the reason
why we can't approve any more gnome-hackers posts ...).

My apologies for all inconveniences this may cause (such as
replying to older mails etc.), but we need to draw the final
deadline somewhere and technically, the beginning of a new
month is just the best time for it.

                            * * *

Ok, so now to this question which you may want to ask now:

"So, what's that's the plan for gnome-hackers and when can
 we open it to the public ?"

Well, before we can open gnome-hackers to the public we need
to make sure that all people who are currently subscribed to
gnome-private are aware of the change. This means, as long
as people are still posting to gnome-hackers, we cannot open
it since we'd risk that someone is accidentally posting
confidental material to it.

My estimate time-frame for this is two weeks after the last
person attempted to post to gnome-hackers.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)