Re: KDE 2.0 impressions

+++ Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 06:00:24PM +0000 +++
Iain e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.

> > Nice stuff: the "now loading" indicator in the task bar. I wonder
> > whether it only works when loading KDE applications? We should try to
> > cobble up something similar...
> >

> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~altic/projects/xalf/
>
> does exactly that I think.
> The author or someone keeps asking can it be added to the main core get it packaged somehow
> but I've never seen any response from people.

I just checked it out. It does the same as KDE, just not with an
animated icon.

It's the best thing since sliced bread and I think we should ship it
with GNOME 1.4. Preferably earlier. What do y'all think?

mawa
--
[...] your 'I am an expert' attitude which is much worse than the
"c.o.l.a. attitude" that you like to complain about so much.