Re: gnome-hackers is now closed

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:

> I really don't think we need an official statement to make a decision
> on this one trivial issue, but I can call for a vote on the steercom
> list if you insist (the Steering Committee being the interim governing
> body we have for now).

Hi Maciej,

Well, of cause we don't need the steercom to open the list, that's what we
already agreed on here.

However, I think when we open the list, we need to have a good answer if
people ask for the archives.

So it may be a good idea to ask the steercom whether we should publish the
archives from September and especially October.

> I think carrying over the old archives, if at all, is a completely
> separate issue. In my opinion it's less important than making sure
> things are more open in the future.

Sure, but I think people will ask at least for the archives of October since
they want to know what is going on. I mean, most of the current discussions
on gnome-private (which are all not private at all) already started in October
and will go on in November, so people who now read the open list will wonder
what was discussed there before.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)