Bugzilla - getting the import scripts done

Hi guys,

I can need some help to get the import scripts working.

They're basically working, but we need to do the following
things:

1.) Browse through the list of all packages on bugs.gnome.org
    (let's call this list A), create a list of products and
    components for Bugzilla (let's call this B) and a perl hash
    table to transform A into B.

    You don't need to know perl for this, I can also use a simple
    text file. I need something like this:

        'panel'         => ['gnome-core','panel'],

    Basically, this needs to map the name of a product from debbugs
    into a product and component from Bugzilla.

2.) Create an alias-style file of <maint> aliases, this'll be
    something like this:

        gnome-core-maint: jirka 5z com, whoever else wants here
        libgtop-maint: baulig suse de

    etc.

    For the moment, it's enough to send me a list of which such
    adresses we need, I'll redirect them all into a very big file
    on widget.gnome.org anyways until the bugs are imported (so that
    you don't get several 1000 mails).

3.) Create bugzilla users for all the
    `<package>-maint bugzilla gnome org' adresses.

4.) Create all products and components, put in correct default
    owners and create versions for all of them.

5.) Write a perl function which takes a "version string" (what bug-buddy
    puts in the "Version:" line of the bug reports) and returns a
    version number for Bugzilla.

    [In Bugzilla, we have two fields:

        'version'       - contains a fixed set of version numbers which
                          have been set by the module maintainer
                          (for instance "unspecified", "1.0.x", "1.2.x")

        'version_details' - is the full version string from bug-buddy.
                (for instance "1.2.5-helix-5")

     that perl function must do the `version_details' => 'version' mapping.
    ]

Currently the import script already works, but it puts almost everything into
product "test", component "unspecified", version "unspecified" and assigns it
to "martin bugzilla gnome org".

I'll be away until late Thursday afternoon, but I'll read my mail during this
time (except Wednesday which I reserve for christmas shopping :-)).

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)