Re: Bugzilla read to go live?

Sorry for being so late to comment on the new bugzilla. Here's a few
suggestions. They mostly come down to "make it more like the
Eazel/Helix customized version", but I think some of the changes that
Darin, Ramiro, Eli and others made are worth having:

* Add a "bugzilla helper" as the preferred and more prominent way to
  file new bugs: http://bugzilla.eazel.com/helper.html for an
  example. This has helped both Mozilla and Nautilus improve bug
  reporting quality.

* Add the time estimate field as on bugzilla.eazel.com. Even though
  you can't do real project management, it's really useful to know
  about how large a task is when considering things like whether to
  defer it from a release, whether to grab it from someone else who
  hasn't touched it in a while, etc.

* Add the inclination field as on buzilla.eazel.com - it helps people
  who are searching for bugs to grab know which ones people would most
  like to have taken off their hands.

* Consider revising the priority and severity fields. The priority
  fields have no definition at all, let alone one that makes clear
  what kinds of bugs should be release critical (note that sometimes,
  even an Enhancement is release-critical). I think the priorities
  (P0-P6) that we have on bugzilla.eazel.com are more useful, see the
  definitions here: http://bugzilla.eazel.com/bug_status.html#priority

* Adding something like the summary reports page on Eazel's bugzilla
  (http://bugzilla.eazel.com/reports.cgi), this is really useful for
  seeing who is how doomed, whether people are marking their NEW bugs
  assigned, how much total work is in the milestone, etc (we'd
  probably want this customized to let you specify sets of packages
  you care about for a summary).

* If this does not already exist, it would be really useful to have a
  way to set milestones per product.

* I suggest removing the LATER and REMIND resolutions. I don't think
  these are useful (according to their definitions they aren't even
  resolutions really - the right thing to do with bugs that match such
  criteria is to bump them to a later milestone).

I really love some things about the gnome setup of the query page by
the way, it's nice to categorize the different types of search fields.

Again, sorry about the lateness of my comments, I have just been way
too hosed to follow the earlier discussion. Hope these comments are
useful.

 - Maciej