Re: bugzilla resolutions

On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 01:08:03PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
[...useful ideas snipped...]

> Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:
> > Sounds good to me, but can we please keep INVALID (which should be reserved
> > for random junk which is not a bug report).
>
> I was thinking that such bugs could be closed immediately as INCOMPLETE.
>
> After all if:
>
>  GTK+ crashes all the time!
>  aasldkfas;d a;lskdflaskdf'skdfa
>
> is a valid bug report, then
>
>  aasldkfas;d a;lskdflaskdf'skdfa
>
> Isn't an invalid bug report, it is just an incomplete bug report. But
> I suppose I can see your point ... I was just trying to keep the
> number of resolutions down to keep things understandable.

There are a bunch of bug reports that say things like

	"This app sucks, get it out of here!"

It wouldn't feel right to file them as INCOMPLETE, since the likelihood of them
ever becoming complete is very small. We need to have a way of throwing out the
trash.

Malcolm

--
Malcolm Tredinnick            email: malcolm commsecure com au
CommSecure Pty Ltd