Re: [devel] GOCollab, Peer-to-Peer collaborative document preperation.

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:28 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> >   read this document. This topic is a very interesting one as I thought
> > about that topic too, but I have one important question about collision
> > checking/processing:

FWIW, SubEthaEdit has been doing this sort of thing on the Mac for a
while:
http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/collaborate.html

It also relies on social engineering to avoid people typing over each
other, although since it uses Bonjour/Rendezvous (the Mac's built-in
zeroconf implementation), as does iChat (the Mac's built-in videoconf
app), you're only a nicely-integrated click or two away from a text,
voice or video link with your co-authors, which makes resolving
conflicts that bit simpler:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SubEthaEditExtremeProgramming.png

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group