Re: Removing gthtml2 (was Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW)

Bill Haneman wrote:
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 22:36, Murray Cumming wrote:

Yelp now uses mozilla's gecko instead of gthtml2, so we can remove that
from the Desktop release set.

Please DONT do this; if you use the gecko component, the help system
become inaccessible.

There is ongoing work on gecko accessibility but it is not in the
Mozilla trunk yet.

Any idea when this might happen? This was discussed even back when we where targetting GNOME 2.0 and gecko was "in progress" of being made accessable. It was also understood by all involved parties that Gtkhtml2 was a temporary solution.

I agree with Shaun that it's probably best to get the accessibility layer do something out of the docbook information directly rather than do it through the HTML rendering widget.

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/