Re: Removing gthtml2 (was Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW)

Hey,

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 18:52, Bill Haneman wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 22:36, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Yelp now uses mozilla's gecko instead of gthtml2, so we can remove that
> > from the Desktop release set.

	I thought this had happened before now - I was confusing yelp with
devhelp, though. So, for anyone else who doesn't know, 2.9.1 was the
first yelp release using gecko.

> Please DONT do this; if you use the gecko component, the help system
> become inaccessible.

	Its an unfortunate regression in accessibility given the amount of work
done on gtkhtml2 accessibility, but you would agree that its the way
forward, right? You would agree that maintaining one less html renderer
(and the accessibility support therein) is good, right?

	Maybe it would have been better to wait to make the switch in yelp
until the Mozilla a11y work has been completed, but personally I'm not
too worried about the help browser being inaccessible if the web browser
is inaccessible.

Cheers,
Mark.