Re: GNOME CVS: libxslt kloczek

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:09:54AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 05:25, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
>
> > If someone can remove above without consult changes with each maintainer
> > it will be good remove all this in one move :)
>
> 	Don't be afraid to send maintainers patches for these kind of things.
> Maintainers will usually give things like this a two second glance and
> approve. It won't take you much more time and you won't be annoying
> maintainers by not asking for approval before committing.
>
> 	Don't stop fixing things, though :-)

  Yes, that's the main point. I was about to make a libxslt release. I
was tracking last minute bugs, getting an unexpected patch in the tree
is the last thing you want when doing this. In general the HACKING
file in the module or a README indicates how to contact the authors,
if it's short sent it to them, if it's not log it in bugzilla. Using
bugzilla is very important because mail is volatile, bugzilla issues
will stay so you're pretty sure the patch will be looked at, also
use the PATCH keyword.

  thanks,

Daniel