Installing desktop icons from a centralized location, for all users

Hello,

I am making an rpm of a file viewer. Is there any centralized location in GNOME, where, if we put a .desktop file(the file that maps icon to the application), the desktop icon is visible to all the users on the system. What I want is the behaviour exactly similat to "Trash" icon, which is there on the desktop, for all users. Currently, I have to install the icon for each user by copying the .desktop file in the ~ directory.

Is there any way - "copy once - get on all".

Thanks in advance.
-Ahuja

Pep up your screen! Kickstart your day! http://www.msn.co.in/Cinema/screensaver/ Get these vibrant screensavers!