RE: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

> From: Sander Vesik [mailto:sander_traveling yahoo co uk]
> Just IMHO but it makes sense to not freeze non-finished stuff
> and just leave
> these out and add them in in the next release.

In the case of libgnomeuimm, I have considered freezing it in an incomplete
state and branching because:
- The unstable part of the API, Bonobo, isn't used by most people.
- And that won't be finished any time soon.

Sometimes API stability is only for the sake of API stability.

> To me (but
> this might be just me) it makes even sense to go for a
> consistent coverage for a potentially smaller  set of modules
> than have a very mish-mash experience as to what is supported
> by which binding.

I think that might be an unreasonable aim for the bindings. And it would be
unfair to some bindings if we had to only include the lowest common
denominator.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com