RE: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

> On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 18:56, Luis Villa wrote:
> > I've put up GEP 10, Standards for Inclusion in the GNOME ,
> as well as
> > GEP 11, Module List for 2.4.
> >
> > http://developer.gnome.org/gep/gep-10.html
> > http://developer.gnome.org/gep/gep-11.html
>
> Would it be possible to add pygtk to this?  It would be very
> cool if the Python bindings could be assumed in a GNOME 2.4 system.

As much as I would like gtkmm to be officially included too, I think the
policy is
a) The Platform set is a supported development platform. - We probably can't
demand the same API guarantees and schedule from pygtk as from the other
GNOME libs. GEP 10 seems to be about the Desktop rather than the Platform
anyway.

b) The Desktop set is about apps - we only include libs if one of the
Desktop apps needs it. Just adding pygtk wouldn't "Improve overall desktop
usability".

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com