Re: xsltproc on widget "kaput"

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 05:46, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> Apparently xsltproc is broken (crashing) on the widget server. Does anyone
> have any idea? Can anyone fix it?
> Sorry, I have no connection - I can't investigate myself.
>
> Calum Benson wrote:
> > I've no idea what script causes things to be rebuilt when you commit
> > changes, but you can reproduce the problem easily enough on widget:
> >
> > $ cd
> > /usr/local/www/gnomeweb/gnomecvs/web-devel-2/content/projects/gup/hig
> > $ ./build-hig.sh
> > rm: cannot remove `*.html': No such file or directory
> > Writing ln-id2810515.html for legalnotice
> > Writing intro.html for preface(intro)
> > Writing usabilityprinciples.html for chapter(usabilityprinciples)
> > Error xpath.c:8353: Undefined namespace prefix
> > xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed
> > ./build-hig.sh: line 7: 14553 Segmentation fault      xsltproc
> > ../stylesheets/hig-stylesheet.xsl ../hig-book.xml
> >
> > Greg Leblanc said he'd look into it a couple of weeks ago, but I guess
> > he hasn't had time yet.  It seems to be breaking the
> > accessibility guide
> > and user guide as well, so I don't think it's anything funny that the
> > HIG is doing.

I made some changes to the XML configuration a month or so ago
to try and get the API docs rebuilding again (they use their own
copy of xslt, but the system DTDs/stylesheets), so that may
have broken it.

2003-05-11  Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>

        * Upgrade passivetex docbook-style-xsl to recent
        Red Hat versions.

2003-05-01  Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>

        * Update xml-common, docbook-dtds to RH 9 versions;
        manually fix up /etc/xml/catalog which was corrupt.

I guess the next thing to try would be to upgrading xsltproc
and deps to the Red Hat 9 versions, if someone wants to do that;
it may be that the older versions can't handle the newer stylesheets.

Regards,
					Owen