Re: NEWS entry format - simplicity

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 22:14, Tim Janik wrote:
> so i guess that means we should adapt syntax in all our old
> NEWS entries? ;(

	Since what it seems we want at base is to copy a chunk of text from the
top of NEWS into a mail - can we not pick some arbitrary (but small)
chunk delimiter - pick the first 'chunk' [ if it contains the version
string ] and push that off; thus:

[snip]
foo baa 1.2.3

anything goes in here

--
older stuff ...
[snip]

	And if we don't see the delimiter do nothing, else grab the top chunk;
and mail it out.

	Of course, it'd be great to have some sexy things like grokking for
'ftp://' URIs for the packages, and auto appending a links section and
so on but ...

	I guess with that scheme, the only controversy is picking a suitable
block delimiter which we can all use; - suitably brief, and
non-intrusive. Then at least, people can either use it or not as they
see fit.

	How does that sound ?

	Regards,

		Michael.