Re: http://gnome.org/developers/ contains duplicate entry for John Hawk

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 10:26, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I think it would be a pretty good idea to generate that page from
> MAINTAINERS files in CVS modules, and people's home dirs on
> cvs.gnome.org. Don't you think ?

A most excellent idea if we had a standard format. I took a quick peek
at a few modules and some have AUTHORS files but I didn't see any
MAINTAINERS files. Moreover, most of the AUTHORS files were blank, but
Metacity had a nice simple format :

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>

Maybe a third optional field for areas of code expertise? For large
projects like Nautilus and Evolution this might be useful.

I'd recommend we keep the AUTHORS and MAINTAINERS files separate (same
format hopefully) so that we don't forget those who have coded before
us, but we don't bother them with emails if they've moved on (to other
projects, hopefully).

Maybe the release team should drive this effort?

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org