Re: Desktop-Wide Data Model Objects

> Do I smell a the inklings of a User (object) Model?
> This sounds like a freedesktop.org kinda thing :)

User is better than 'desktop' in this context. I want the same calendar
active everywhere at once, and the ability to keep my preferences/calendar
etc on central servers.

The RSS side misses a point that everyone else keeps missing. RSS is good
because it lets programs scan and manipulate articles, notable news. Its
very limited as a human interface system. It would be far better to use
the plugin stuff we have to allow

	Mozilla/Galeon sidebars to attach to nautilus
	Embedding of small web pages as well as RSS

RSS allows me to do stuff like "latest gnome bug fixes", Embedding arbitary
small pages allows me to write tools to integrate everything from web
based dictionaries, through company phone books and phone messages from
the secretary into apps like evolution